The NOVA Truck Lock™ vehicle restraint keeps dock operations safe and secure during loading and unloading. Trucks and trailers are held firmly in place by a high-visibility barrier-style ram bar which can withstand a pullout force of over 30,000 pounds to prevent accidental separation from the loading dock during the cargo handling process. The 7 1/2 inch version is the lowest stored height of any restraint in the industry, allowing service to a wider range of truck types.
The “Bolt-In” (Flange) Style housing is designed to be anchored to the concrete drive—not attached to the dock wall. This will provide years of trouble free service without any damage to the building. The zinc plated housing is completely self-contained and is designed to handle the harshest of loading dock environments. This style allows for easier movement to other dock positions in the event of required location changes.
Features and Benefits
- 7 1/2″ retracted height for use with lift gate and steep decline approach
- Non-impact design
- Manual or powered versions
- LED inside and outside light communication package
- Can withstand over 30,000 pounds of pull-away force
- Ram bar yield strength of 100,000 psi
- Zinc-plated finish provides exceptional corrosion resistance
- All activation components mounted inside the building
- Low maintenance design, very few moving parts
- Versatility in handling a larger variety of trucks
- Installs at more nontraditional dock types
- Small foot print
After the truck/trailer backs into position against the dock bumpers, the dock attendant switches the Truck Lock™ to the RESTRAIN position activating the restraint. The outside light turns red and inside light turns green, and after verifying the ram bar is above the Rear Impact Guard (RIG), the attendant may enter the trailer. When the attendant has completed the loading/unloading process, switch the Truck Lock™ to the RELEASE position deactivating the restraint and lowering the ram bar. The outside light turns green and inside light turns red.