Insulated Roll Up Door
Thermiser Insulated Rolling Doors, designed for exterior use, help maintain different temperatures on each side of the door. They are an ideal choice for use in environments that require climate control, security and durability: distribution, industrial, hospitality, retail and more.
Thermiser doors store compactly, require little to no maintenance and deliver a low life cycle cost. In fact, we warranty this product for 50,000 cycles as standard.
Foamed in place insulation offers superior protection against the elements, improved security and reduced sound transmission. The Thermiser helps seal the building envelope and keeps noise in - or out.
Our Thermiser Insulated Rolling Doors are designed for exterior openings where maintaining different temperatures, (also known as environmental separation) on each side of the door is necessary and/or desirable. The full perimeter seal of these energy-efficient doors also reduces sound transmission compared to non-insulated rolling doors.
Thermiser doors provide all the benefits of our standard rolling doors, plus:
- Climate Control: Our advanced full-perimeter seal and insulated curtains provide impressive reductions in air infiltration and thermal transference
- Security: Our insulated curtain design features two layers of metal with foam in between, making the door stronger and more secure
- Sound Reduction: The Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating is up to 30 for the curtain and up to 18 for the entire assembly, as tested per ASTM E90 (with a complete, operable assembly).
The doors are constructed for daily use and can withstand operation of up to 20 cycles per day – that’s 50,000 cycles for the lifetime of the door.
Materials and Finishes
Double skin interlocking roll formed interior and exterior metal slats :
- R-value of 8.0 as calculated using the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals
Slats are filled with 7/8" thick closed cell pressure foamed in place urethane insulation:
- Flame Spread Index of 0
- Smoke Developed Index of 10 as tested per ASTM E84
- CFC-free process with an Ozone Depletion Potential rating of 0
- Meets foam plastic insulation requirements of the 2012 IBC®, section 2603
Our doors can open by motor, chain, hand-crank, or push-up operation, depending on size, weight and/or frequency of operation.
- Model MG: A medium duty operator for doors that will cycle no more than 20 times per day
- Model SG: A super duty, full logic operator for larger doors or doors which may periodically cycle more than 20 times per day