Spiral® HZ Rolling Doors
These Hurricane-Rated High-Speed Doors from Barron Equipment and Overhead Doors is the first high-speed, high-performance hurricane-rated door certified for compliance with Miami-Dade County and the Florida Building Codes. Heavy-duty reinforced hinges and rigid aluminum slats provide the strength required to handle hurricane-force winds up to 175 miles per hour. It is currently the only certified wind load door on the market.
Spiral® HZ Rolling Doors are ideal for government, parking, security and car dealerships and can be built up to 16' wide x 21' high. When it comes to commercial hurricane-rated doors, the Spiral HZ high performance doors can help protect buildings in the worst condition.
Spiral HZ is backed by a 5-year limited warranty on motor/mechanical components and materials, plus a 2-year limited warranty on electrical components.
Features and Benefits
Features of these Hurricane-Rated High-Speed Doors from Barron Equipment and Overhead Doors include:
- Double-walled insulated 6-inch aluminum slats
- Integral weatherseal between the aluminum slats
- Heavy-duty reinforced hinge system for door panel assembly
- Galvanized steel side frames and head
- Extension springs in side column
As well as options such as:
- Hood and motor covers
- Classic RAL and custom color match powder coated finish
Some of the benefits of the Spiral HZ Rolling Doors are that the heavy-duty construction allows the doors to easily withstand pressure as well as large and small missile impact. These doors are high speed and can improve traffic flow and maximize separation of environments with an opening speeds up to 60 inches per second. And these doors have undergone extensive testing in a state-of-the-art laboratory to ensure optimal performance in hurricane and other extreme weather conditions.
Safety & Security
In addition to the benefits explained above, the Spiral® HZ Rolling Doors have advanced safety features including:
- Intuitive and Customizable Pathwatch® Safety Light System provides advanced warning to vehicle drivers and pedestrians
- Dual thru-beam photo eyes detect movement close to the door and will reverse to the open position
- An electric reversing edge reverses door if anything comes in contact with it
- Ry-Wi® Wireless System eliminates coil cords and provides two-way communication between control box and bottom bar
- Mechanical brake release lever allows door opening in the event of power failure.
Our product specialists at Barron Equipment are here to help you make the best decision when it comes to selecting the right type of door for your application. Need assistance? Fill out the form below and one of our specialists will be in touch soon.